We know that everyone has their own way of being happy. However, one thing may be worth remembering: happiness is not to be found, it is created.
So here, let me share some simple ways for you:
1. Before dinner each night, say one thing (or more) you are grateful for. (If you pray, then this can become part of your prayer as well.)
2. Write a Thank You note to someone this week. If you can’t find anything else to thank someone for, then just write them a note to thank them for being in your life. Any time they spend with you is a gift.
3. Take 30 seconds to breathe. There is no easier way to make time for yourself and be grateful for your own existence than to breathe. Close your eyes. Breathe in through your nose for a count of three and out through your mouth for a count of five. Do this 5 times.
4. Do nothing for 2 minutes. Guess what happens? Nothing! You didn’t lose your job. Your family didn’t leave you. You’re not a failure. Nobody judged you. In fact, the only thing that really happened was that you realized that you can make time for yourself and enjoy your own presence without consuming something (eating, watching TV, etc).
5. Call a friend that you haven’t talked to in a while. We live for close connection. Having Instagram and Twitter followers and a large network is great, but it lacks the meaning of close connection. Reach out to someone who is important to you. Talk about whatever you want. You don’t have to say anything cheesy or uncomfortable. Just enjoy the conversation and be grateful for that person.
You can also share your simple ways to be happy down below, mates!
Contributed by Fahriza Mutiara Fajariyanti – 2210171019